Online Scholarship Application System
Scholarship Registration - First Time Applicant ONLY
SME Education Foundation (SME-EF) Scholarships provide financial support for students pursuing careers in engineering and technology fields of study closely related to manufacturing.
Registration for the 2014 Fall Scholarships is closed.
Registering for Fall 2015/16 School Year: If you will be starting or attending college in the Fall term of 2015 and want to start the application process for scholarships for that term, you may register at any time. When the next scholarship cycle opens we will notify you using the e-mail address you provided when you register. Please make sure that you enter an email address that will be valid in the Oct/Nov 2014 time period. You may update the e-mail address later on your Registration Profile. If you have email blocking or a firewall that prevents bulk emails please make sure that your email server will receive emails from email@example.com
NOTE: If you have previously registered for an SME-EF scholarship please do not register again - your registration will never expire. Please click on following link: http://scholarships.smeef.org/applications/main.asp Enter your login ID and password to access the system and start your new application. If you cannot remember your password use the Retrieve Password link on the Applicant Protal. Note: You will not be able to start a new application until the scholarship process reopens in the Fall.
Completing more than one application creates additional effort for our scholarship team and can disqualify your application. Intentionally providing false and/or misleading information will disqualify you from eligibility for a SME-EF scholarship.
- Must be graduating high school seniors, current undergraduate or graduate students who will be enrolling as full time undergraduate or graduate students attending accredited colleges or universities in the United States or Canada for the next Fall term.
- Must be residing in the United States or Canada at the time of application -- a permanent U.S. or Canadian address is required on the application.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or 70 on a 100 point (%) scale. Most scholarships have a minimum GPA of 3.0/80.
- The application process will automatically qualify you for scholarships for which you are eligible. Eligibility is determined from the questions asked on the application, so please answer each question accurately and completely. Some scholarships are limited to specific gender, location or other eligibility criteria.
- Answer each question in the order presented since your answer may affect later questions - do not skip forward since the questions may vary dependent on your earlier response.
- Please keep your password in a safe place, since it will be required to access and update your application.
- Intentionally providing false and/or misleading information will disqualify you from eligibility for a SME-EF scholarship.
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability. Applicants will be asked to provide information about their gender and race - this information is used only for statistical purposes and is not identified to any specific person. SME-EF does not share or release any data or information with any other organization.
Notice: These scholarships are focused on students pursuing a degree in an engineering discipline that is directly related to manufacturing. If you are not planning to enroll and follow a manufacturing-related engineering course of study, please do not proceed. Your application will be automatically rejected if you are not pursuing an engineering program.